10 Bathroom remodeling tips
You may not know this yet – but bathrooms are where you spend a significant amount of time in your day. More than anything, a great looking bathroom adds that element of charm and class. You really want to go for something modern, yet beautiful and balance it off with some gorgeous tiles, European faucets and powerful showers. Think about your family’s needs and enhance them with a perfect bathroom. These are some great tips on bathroom remodelling –
1. Do your homework – You need to know exactly what you want your bathroom to look like, where your plumbing is, and how it blends with your overall home’s aesthetic. You can’t have a shabby looking bathroom, or something that looks out of a 1980s home décor magazine.
2. Project costs – You need to know how much it’s going to cost to do the things you want to do, and what changes are prioritized over others. If you’re looking for a body shower, and it’s going to cost extra to fit in the plumbing – you’re better off spending it on getting some new tiles instead.
3. Think about the toilet first – Is your toilet a priority in your bathroom? It should be. Toilets make or break your bathroom’s décor and they make for a pain-staking remodelling project if done incorrectly.
4. Lighting is everything – With a great toilet, shower and bathroom tile selection, the next step to think about is lighting. If you have great lighting, then people will love to take selfies in your bathroom. If its dull, they may have a physical reaction against it.
5. Faucets, fittings and functionality – If you’re all set with your overall aesthetic, you need to focus on your family members’ specific requirements. If you have a tall son, or a short girlfriend, your faucets should have an appropriate height, and showers should be flexible.
6. Save space! – If you’re remodelling your bathroom, then you should focus your 100% attention on saving space. Consider a corner sink, or a dual shower, as the more space you have in your bathroom area, the more fun the space becomes.
7. Go high-end – If you like bathroom décor and aesthetics, you should aim to go high-end with your finish. Whether it’s pretty paintings or artful accessories, you should go high-end on your bathroom finish. Add some incense!
8. Have a dedicated dry area – You can easily create some boundaries around wet and dry-areas, and instantly make the bathroom look much bigger than it is.
9. Go with a theme – Don’t be boring and pick all white everything. You can splurge a little bit and get some trendy designs and fashionable selections. If the bathroom is the first place you go to after you wake up, it should look inspirational!
10. Bigger Mirrors – The larger the mirror, the better the décor appears. Mirrors make everything look better and bigger, but they could be an awkward thing if placed incorrectly. Make sure your mirrors are aesthetically pleasant, and they blend with your overall “look”.