10 Kitchen remodeling tips
Embarking on a kitchen remodelling project can be really nerve-wracking sometimes, and the experts seem to have all the right answers. But what do we really like about our kitchens? What do we love about it? We need to follow our gut from time to time, and take matters into our own hands. Make 2018 the year in which you claim your kitchen!
1. Make a goal sheet – There are so many options out there for kitchen remodelling and it seems like it’s such a difficult decision to make! But if you make a sheet of remodelling goals, even you can become an expert interior decorator in less than 30 minutes.
2. Planning appropriately – When the experts say that you should be completely clear about your kitchen’s appearance, they weren’t kidding around. You need to be able to map your entire kitchen out, and take proactive steps to figuring out what exactly you want from your kitchen.
3. Take lots of opinions – Invite a few girlfriends and make a party out of it. Ask them what they think after serving them a few margaritas. Ask your family members about it over breakfast.
4. Talk to the experts – Go online or talk to our experts at The Cabinet Centre at – Tri-Valley: 925-855-0470 Peninsula: 650-654-3101. You want to be able to fully commit to something before you change anything in your kitchen, and talking to experts doesn’t hurt.
5. Estimate the Size & Space – Try to estimate how much space you want and how much you’re willing to let go, to save space in the kitchen. If you want a larger kitchen, with more space, then you need to remodel your kitchen by breaking a few walls or opening up a few doors. If you’re looking for something more functional, then the total available space may be lesser.
6. Cabinets & Countertops – Cabinets & countertops make up a significant proportion of what’s visual about your kitchen. You can’t go wrong here, and you need to really figure out what you need from your kitchen’s overall look. If you’re going for something modern and sleek, then metallic or ceramic cabinets and countertops might be the best bet.
7. Flooring – Flooring is another important element in remodelling your kitchen. When going for any specific colour or tile, a good tip to keep in mind is to – remember the tile’s chemistry. If your tile is all marble, then it may be difficult to maintain it after a while.
8. Fashion & Trend – If your kitchen has a certain pattern or “look” about it, then you need to be careful about its expiry date. If it’s an older ceramic look and if goes out of fashion after a few months, then your investment may be going to waste.
9. Cost – Cost is something that everyone under-prepares for, and gets completely shocked when its time to execute. Cost is an important factor to note, before presenting any plan or going ahead with any modification. Keep a 20% buffer.
10. Warranties – You need to make sure that every counter, finish, or cabinet that you’re going for has a clear warranty and time-period mention. Make sure it’s built to last!